Our Newlywed Experience

Within the Body of Christ



Daily receiving life and grace from His constant hand:

"I said to the Lord, 'Thou art my Lord;

I have no good besides Thee.'" Ps 16:2



Friday, January 13, 2012

Weary but WELL

Oh wow guys, I don’t. even. know. where or how
to begin sharing what life is like now.
Like trying to ‘fill in’ a friend that’s just walked in
on the most climactic scene of a long, intense movie.
Kind of impossible. But I’m just going to jump in.
To sum it all up, I’m “weary but well.”
Extremely weary, extremely well.


"It is good for me that i was afflicted,
that I may learn Thy statutes." Psalm 119:71


I’m smack in the middle of my Emergency Medicine rotation at Womack Medical Center on Fort Bragg. It is the largest, highest volume hospital within the entire US Department of Defense
(busiest US military hospital in the world).
BUT what’s absolutely about to BURST out of my heart right now is to share and INVITE you to join a Bible study on I Peter that three wonderful Christian woman are heading up.
It’s called “Good Soil Girls.”
And by Bible study I mean just that- we are going to take and memorize each verse of I Peter and tuck that precious bit of life away in our hearts.
Verse by verse, day by day.
The girls heading up the study are Stephanie Blackiston, Jennie Edwards, and Mellette Johnson. I want you to meet them SO MUCH- so I’ve included links to their blogs where they've shared/introduced the study, as well as a link to the "Good Soil Girls" fb page.
In short, it’s a group ‘conference call’ study that meets for an hour at 8 o’clock Sunday evening. We’ve claimed/reserved a party line that you call, then enter the password, and everyone listens in and learns. It's all explained much better below on the links to the girls blogs and the facebook group “Good Soil Girls” :)
What’s particularly awesome is that if you are unable to call in at that time, the audio from that call will be ‘posted’ on the "Good Soil Girls" group on facebook, and you can listen when you can.
This is their 3rd time leading one and my first time participating. And I am excited out of my mind about learning this much Scripture.
But anyway here’s the girls, please go meet them and learn about this Scripture study!!! Couldn't get any of the videos these girls did ab the study to load- LOOK FOR THEM on the FB Page and on Steph's blog! :D

Here is Stephanie Blackiston's Blog


Steph has videos of herself and Mellette talking ab the study-
Be sure to watch them!


Here is Jennie Edward's Blog



And here is the Good Soil Girls FB Page
On the Facebook page, as well as on Steph and Jennie’s blogs, is an audio link to Sunday Jan 8th’s first “Intro” session. This audio link they posted is how I had to join in- apparently after my 12-hr ER shift last Friday I got a NASTY stomach bug and was extremely sick on that first Sunday.
I’m hoping and PRAYING that you all join. It’s not too late as it’s literally just begun!
Life has literally never been busier or more demanding for me than it is at this moment- and the life that’s in these verses is what is keeping me ALIVE!

"May Thy compassion come to me that I may live,
for Thy Law is my delight." Psalm 119:77

"Abide in Me, and I in you.
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself
unless it abides in the vine,
so neither can you unless you abide in Me."
John 15:4


"This is my comfort in my affliction,
that Thy Word has revived me."
Psalm 119:50


Blessings- Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie I would LOVE to do this study with you!!! it sounds awesome! I'll look into it!